I posted a while ago saying I srsly need money so I’d make $15 dollar skirts from my own collection of fabrics; now here are the fabrics I have available!
- Very thin knit, white and yellow stripes (the stripes are more yellow and less gold than they appear in the picture). The yellow stripes have a distressed look to them… I could never figure out if this was intentional, but it definitely looks intentional!
- This is sort of a matte satin (slightly shinier than it appears in the picture though) that’s some color in between salmon and hot pink.
- I have a TON of this plaid fabric. The colors are a bit darker, more tealish and IMO a bit nicer than the appear in the picture.
- This is a green cotton (slightly darker in person) with tiny paw polka dots.
- This is a neutral, light forest green sort of color (much greener in person.) The color isn’t particularly remarkable BUT the fabric itself is really soft.
- Icy blue linen type fabric with some thread accents of different colors throughout. I think this fabric is the coolest ever but I just can’t really see myself wearing it.
- Pink and white stripes, I’m not totally sure of the material. I’ve already made myself a skirt out of this, as you can see here, (it looks like one solid color but that’s because the stripes are super thin). It’s a very nice, sturdy fabric, that kind that never seems to get dirty, y’know? Or maybe I’m just gross and never do laundry…
- Purple floral linen—more purple than it looks in the picture! This is super pretty but it’s just not my style.
I want to keep these simple since I’m working with limited materials. The skirts will be elastic waisted (since I’m pretty sure I only possess like one zipper and it’s huge and red and tacky) so yay, comfort!
TO ORDER: E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tumblr likes to eat messages, so please don’t contact me on here, just to make sure you actually get through to me. (If I talk to you on here, please let me know your name and/or URL so I know who I’m selling to. :)) Let me know the fabric(s) you want and describe the type of skirt(s) you’d like me to make. If you follow me you’ll know that my specialty is high waisted just-above-the-knee skirts, but I can do low waist or high waist, short or long or anywhere in between, and I would love to make a high-low (or waterfall, or whatever million names it has) skirt for somebody. BUT since I have different amounts of each material, I’ll have to double check that I have enough fabric for the skirt you want. If I do, I will send you an e-mail confirming that I will make the skirt. At that point, you should send $15 to email@example.com on Paypal.
Make sure your email includes:
- Your size (I’m going by US dress sizes, but I would love it if you could provide a specific measurement of either your high or low waist, depending on where you will actually wear the skirt.)
- The fabric you want the skirt to be made out of
- A description of the type of skirt you’d like (A-line or rectangular? The skirt I linked to above is rectangular; A-line will flare out a bit more. Any other ideas you have feel free to share with me and I’ll let you know if I can do it), including length or approximate length (a word description would be fine but it would be great if you measured the length of a skirt you already own whose length you like, just to make sure it’ll be the perfect length)
- Your address so I can mail it to you, of course! Right now I’m only shipping to the US because I actually have no idea about shipping internationally. I’ll figure that out soon.
This was so long! It was probably confusing and I’m sorry! I hope you can find a fabric you like! Of course everyone has different tastes. You would be doing me such a huge favor by buying a skirt from me because a.) I’m broke, my whole family is struggling right now and I want to be able to help out some and b.) I need to build up a portfolio and gain experience sewing for other people. Email me if you have questions!
(NOTE!!! Even though I’ve tagged these with ‘fat fashion’ and stuff like that, I will happily make these for folks of ANY size, not just fat people.)
I’m your mod and I’m promoting my own stuff but it’s okay because I love you all and this is totes related to fatty sewing.